Saturday, February 15, 2014

YUM YUM-BEATS MY HEART



Sambar+Urulakezhangu ; Puli kozhambu+Appalam ; Vegetable rice+Paneer gravy ; Thenga paal sadham+Chicken kozhambu ; Fish gravy+Sora puttu ; Dosa+Vengaya chatni ; Kichadi+thenga chatni…My heart combines and beats with these food combinations.The very sight of a yummy crispy chicken,curried prawns,tasty roasted potatoes  Ahh…..tempts me to eat them.The seed for my love for food was laid in my childhood days itself. And down the years it has germinated and grown into a huge yummilicious tree. And all this is  because of my MOM ! She cooks yummy palatable food. Everything that she cooks, from  the bitter gourd to pasta will be filled with exquisite flavour and fragrance leaving the taste buds energized and sizzled. According to me my mom is the best cook ever. Not just me , but for most of us our moms are the best cooks. She is my Hermoine who swishes her majic wand and turns the raw vegetables, green leaves and meat into delicious, mouth watering dishes !!!! I have only tasted my mom’s home food until my schooling. After that me,my friend Lavanya and my mama set out to explore the world of food. My mama being a big time foodie introduced me to a lot of food varieties which triggered my taste buds more.Podi dosa  made in Maami mess at Mylapore, Pani poori in Spencer plaza chat shops, mouth watering Momos from Delhi street vendors, Subway food, Chilli chicken in Mandarin restaurant…the list goes on.
             My most favorite foods are,Podi dosai – the wide spread dosa flour, into a perfect circular shape in a pan, roasted to light brownish golden colour. Spicy powdered podi is smeared on top of it, which adds to the flavour of the plain dosa. The dosa is served with three colourful chutneys - thenga chutney , sambar and chilli chutney. Put together on a plate, it kindles your appetite, urging one to eat right away. The taste of the spicy food leaves your mouth and eyes watery. People who love the taste of South Indian spicy food ! Attention please. This is the perfect place for u to turn up. My second most favorite is the Momos, it’s a bun with the filling of scrambled cabbage or minced chicken softly boiled in hot water and they are served with lip smacking, hot,spicy chilli gravy. The combination of momos with chilli gravy is scintillating making you greedy and wanting more. Momos tastes best in Delhi street shops. They are pretty cheap when we put its yummy taste and the price on a weighing balance. My list of favorites will never end till my last breathe.                    

              
                Having a wholesome food gives me immense pleasure and it even dries out all my sorrowness. Food is so much part of my life ! The tastes and the flavours are common to everyone, but the way in which each one likes the food differs ! Food is an ocean. Once drown in the waters of your taste buds, rescuing you is a tough call. Experimenting and exploring the different types of food is fun ! So come lets jump into the pool of yumminess!!!

                 “THERE IS NO LOVE SINCERE THAN THE LOVE OF FOOD”
-         George Bernard Shaw
                                               
                                                   

No comments :

Post a Comment