Saturday, February 15, 2014

THE MOMENT I ADMIRED



“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” 
                                            
Karl Lagerfeld

 Everyone has “a moment” in their life, a moment that changed the path way, the moment that brought light to their life, the moment that changed everything upside down! Precious moments in one’s life will linger in the mind forever along with certain other memories that unintentionally occupy our thoughts and occasionally bring a smile on our faces. Like when your once favorite songs gets played in the radio and you smile to yourself and ponder on why you were addicted to that song in the first place !
“Some moments are nice, some are nicer, some are even worth writing about.” 
                                                   
Charles Bukowski
As I was thinking about what can be the topic of this week *ting*(bulb pops) - “the moment”.  So here we are to enjoy those small beautiful moments which I have admired the most with you guys.
How many of you can afford to pause for a moment in between your busy schedule of this monotonous life to experience the small tiny wonderful things that surround us. Let me use this opportunity to make you revive those special moments in the past. But wait before that don’t you want to hear the moments I experienced and admired the most?
Life is not made up of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years, but of moments. You must experience each one before you can appreciate it.”
                                                                                                        Sarah Ban Breathnach
There are so many moment in life that puts the smile on my face like

Moment when I went past the Chennai harbor under moon light with all its majestic beauty,  that was the moment when I paused and admired the beauty of Chennai’s night life
Moment when I saw the joy in my doggie’s eyes on my arrival, made me pause and admire the unconditional love he had for me.
The 12 O’clock midnight call on my b’day from my special one’s, made me pause and remind myself how special I am to my loved ones.
The 1st movie experience in theater with my besties, made me realize what fun life can be.
Looking out from my college bus I spotted a guy walking beside his girl carrying her bag, I admired the love he had for her.
A young boy and his mom shopping holding hands, made me admire the bond he had with his mom.
 A 5year old wetting her leg in the ocean holding her papa’s hands made me admire the trust she had on her dad.



“I lived for those moments when we were together, those few times in my life that I actually felt alive.” 
                                                 Melissa de la Cruz
Love makes people blind and even shortlived they say, but on witnessing an elderly couple having a silent conversation in the park brought me to think that love is forever.
A sweet couple sharing an umbrella on a rainy day that moment I paused to admire the happiness in sharing
“We never can just stop time. Or take moments back. Life doesn't work that way, does it?” 
                                               
Christine Feehan
In this mechanical life people have forgotten to eat, sleep even to smile. We all have evolved so well that we are behaving like robots without feelings.
Hit the pause button in your life…for a few seconds. Just close your eyes and rewind the past one year. What have those moments been in your life..
Your baby holding your finger…Your first job..Your first love…Your family trip..Your new friend..Your new found love!
First Drops of rain… a bright colourful rainbow..the morning sun.. the long walk..the beach sunset.. or the love in the eyes of your loved ones.
You might have lived through these moments, but never had the time or the mind to stand back and cherish it.
Surviving is different from living. Live your life. Love your life. Make every moment count!
 -Chennai ponnu

No comments :

Post a Comment